Wednesday 26 October 2011

Project 5 - Stage 4 A Large Sample

Block & Hand printing

Project 5 - Stage 4

I used block & hand printing on this project. First of all I cut two pieces of wood, then cut out polystyrene shapes and glued these onto my wood. One of the shapes was a circle and the other was like a shape of a leaf. this then allowed me to create my flowers from the sketch. I then hand painted the extra marks on the fabric.

Stencil painting
This design was taken from the vase in project 4 - exercise 4. I made nine copies of the sketch then cut out different sections on the design so I could use different colours and repeat it. I was please with how this result came out.


Stencil  & Hand Painting
 I worked this design from my kaleidoscope ideas on Project 4, Stage 4 (Developing design ideas). I attempted to recreate the effect on fabric. I could see that I could have repeated the pattern on and on. I did make an error of getting the fabric stuck to paper (it went through the material more than I expected - I will use different protection next time). I think this was a sucsess.

No comments:

Post a Comment