Wednesday 26 October 2011

Project 4 - Stage 4 Experiments with printing and painting



I used stencils for the above print, I found it rather hard to make sure you didn't make the paint run into one another. I was pleased with the result. It did take time for the paint to dry in between the layers.I also hand painted the middle section.

Block Printing


The next experiment I used Block printing, I had some pieces of wood also a garden tool for potting. I also learned that adding PVA glue to the fabric paints stops it from running on the material.

Relief printing
I really enjoyed the relief printing, I used some laced material off an old pillow case then used string to go though the lace.

Block printing
This was a experiment on fine silk material, I thought it didn't turn out that well but the more I look at it I'm changing my mind. It has plenty of depth and energy the more you look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment