Sunday 23 October 2011

Project 3 - Review


Review of Project 3 work
Project 3 - Review

Were you able to mix and match colours accurately?
 Yes I did find it ok to mix the colours accurately, orange/red were a bit tricky but I felt I did persevere.
Were you able to use colour expressively?
Not sure, I think so.
I followed the brief which at times I had  to read a few times over to understand what was needed in the exercises. Some were more difficult than others. 
 Can you now see colour rather than accepting what you think you see?
Yes, Johannes Itten's book "The elements of colour" was a great help with mixing colour with the eye and the effect it has on other colours.
 Did you prefer working with watercolour or gouache paints?
I used acrylics and watercolour.. My favourite was acrylics because they mixed better for the brighter colours. Watercolours were good for static and expressing moods and soft colours.
How successful were the colour exercises in stage 5? How did they compare to the painting exercise?
I would say "moderate success" - My colours were Red & Yellow on a black background and when you look at it in different angles you can see orange.
I did prefer painting for experimenting with the colour because it was easier to mix the colours and paint does have more versatility.
Is there anything you would like to change or develop?
I would like to try the Gouache paints to see what the difference is? 

No comments:

Post a Comment