Tuesday 18 October 2011

A Creative Approach - Part 2

Building a Visual Vocabulary: Colour, Design, Printing & Painting


Stage 1 Introduction and preparation.


What an experience, I have not mixed paints since I was at school, I started off by mixing the colour wheel (see above) and found out red, yellow,and blue are the only colours that cannot be made by mixing two colours together - these are called the primary colours. Green, Orange and Violet are three secondary colours these are half way between the primary colours that were used to mix them.
To make colours lighter I added white. You can also tint a colour for example, pink is a tint of red.
If you add black you can make a colour darker. I did use more white in mixing than black.

The colour mixing has really helped me to focus how colours complement each other and blend. It has also helped me to get colours more accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment