Sunday 23 October 2011

Project 3 - Research Point


My Wedding Dress - From Barbados
Project 3 - Research Point

The piece of textile shown in the pictures is my wedding dress. I bought it in Barbados (February 2002) we got married in the August 2002 (so not weight gain was allowed!). Mum, Dad and I were looking for children's t-shirts when we found this shop with wedding dresses, this one was just me.
The dress is just over 3/4 length and is lined throughout. It is full flowing silk with lace over the top half of the body. The colour is Ivory, the lace has been done by machine (you can tell because it is very firm) and it has very fine roses up the body and like a V on the edges with little round flower. The lable has Fashion May Queen - made in the USA.
The dress is very special to me because I wore it on our Wedding day 9 years ago. It was a beautiful dress to ware because it has a heavy weight about it and it flowed with elegance,

No comments:

Post a Comment