Saturday 28 January 2012

Part 3 - Stage 2 Developing Ideas

Stage 2 Developing Ideas



I spent time looking at my sketch book and selected six drawings to work and develop. I enjoyed experimenting with the different types of material and matching the fabrics to the different designs.

I sketched this drawing of a tarn nearby, it had lots of light and shade allowing me to experiment with the different types of fabric. 
Local Tarn
The wool black net is eye catching  against the blue denim, and the different colours were used by being over laid in various parts to give a 3D effect. It's a great way of seeing which fabrics work together and how fabrics react when being layered. You can also see how some fabrics change their shade when they are against others, for example the Amaryllis below.



Amaryllis

Dog's rag






Garden View
The dog play rag was an interesting result, I used various thicknesses of fabric and with the different sizes and colours it gave a striking success.It gave a happy mood effect and it does have a resemblance to my drawing even if it is broken up!
The Garden view was my least favourite, it had the 3D effect and using curly wool and felt reflected the light and shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment