Saturday 28 January 2012

Part 3 - Project 6 Stage 3 Applied fabric techniques

Project 6 - Stage 3

Applied fabric techniques

I ventured into new territory here! I had a go at a number of techniques, I have to admit some worked out better than others.Here are my examples:

Organza bonded to calico with Angelina ironed on top
As above but I machine sewed on top then added an organza bow


I enjoyed experimenting with different types of machine sewn applique and cut back applique.


My samples


Bunch of flowers

I received a lovely bunch of flowers and thought it would be good to sketch them before I put them in a vase. I let my imagination run wild on how I was going to apply fabric, I decided to knit and crochet, then use my sewing machine to put stitches on top.

I then had another go at the design below:

Caribbean sea & flowers
When I went to Jamaica I will always remember the view off our balcony, you had flowers then sea. I decided to try and draw what I could remember then had the fun of making the sample. It came out bright and colourful.It doesn't look that much like my picture and it's got a slight bit of puckering, but I do like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment