Friday 26 August 2011

Project 1 - Findings

I feel project 1 may not be finished yet, maybe more experiments still to try. I've have spent a lot more hours than the recommended time on this project so far - is this normal?

I haven't thought about drawing in this way before, and it's been a journey of surprises and very enjoyable. I hope that I've shown I am inventive because when I'm out and about I look at things differently now, the colors, depth, patterns & texture.
I am learning with making marks to be a little free and flexible, it's like learning to have freedom with your images.I am happy with what I have done so far and my confidence is on the up especially know I have worked with paints, oil's,crayons, pencils, felt tips & bleach.
I am still sketching and drawing around the house and garden, also in my lunch break at school (we have some unusual sculptures.
Working with different media was exciting but also frustrating at times. I liked working with the oil paints (even though they were messy) also my pencils. I feel maybe i should try more with tissues & cloth materials.
I love how the rose came out; I could see potential with stitches deep in the rose.
There is loads of different ways of making marks and its going to be an ongoing process. I can see where the making marks is going, it will lead me on to enrich my Textiles. Designs can be spotted from the marks and also mixing the media can give you different ideas on your design.




No comments:

Post a Comment