Thursday 9 February 2012

Part Three - Reflective Commentory

"Manipulating Fabric (Project6)"
I really enjoyed this section, playing around with different types of material. It was great fun sorting my fabric out, something that needed to be done for a long time!
I wasn't that sure if I had got the developing idea correct, I tried to be different with the dog rag. I also loved how the local tarn came out, I felt it was lively with the black net over the blue sea.

"Applied Fabric Techniques (Stage 3)"
The Organza bonded to Calico with Angelina ironed on top really surprised me because I had not done anything like this before (another learning curve). It's great trying out new things, the bunch of flowers didn't look anything like my drawing so at first I was disappointed, but I think it's learned me a lesson to let go of being too regimented. I have been finding it hard to let go from the "neat & tidy" approach but I think I have turned a corner on this (I hope!). I do like the flower design more now I've got used to it.

Raised And Structured (Stage 4)
I love this section, the enjoyment I had experimenting with Cut back applique, Bubble fabric, Moulding was great even though it was all new to me. They were all so different how the finished project came together especially moulding the Hessian it amazed me how firm it dried.
The Hollyhocks were a big challenge, I had only knitted jumpers before from patterns, but never attempted anything like these, it was very experimental.

No comments:

Post a Comment